Monday, June 14, 2010

Patterns, Prayers and Tests


(My w-i-p on the big screen...yea I'm a little tired lol)

So this weekend and the next few days to come have been insanely hectic. Since my last post, I no longer work at La Femme as prom season has ended. It is the last 3 days of Finals at FIDM and still to come is an AMT presentation this evening, an exam and 2 computer marker projects due tomorrow, and Wednesday is do or die! I have a presentation at 8:30 in Costing and Control, A Sourcing and Inventory Management project at 6 pm, and the greatest trial of all is my contemporary women's line of 12 pieces in what will end up being about 100 pages of designs, cost sheets, demographic and company info and color and fabric stories due at 3 pm. I've been working non-stop and although normally I would be frantic and pulling my hair out there has been one thing keeping me sane...

Rachel Ramon introduced me to this book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. It is about the 40 day path to learning our purpose here during this life. I am only on Chapter 6 now, but this morning's was about trust and tests. I realized that all these obstacles I've faced since moving to LA, and the many years before that were really just part of the small picture. Having money, then losing everything was a test of my strength and responsibility. Love and relationships lost were testing my faith and ability to forgive and keep true to myself.

I guess the point I'm really making to anyone who reads this is when the going gets tough try and remember that this too shall pass (as my wise and wonderful mother always says) and that how we choose to handle these hurdles is what really matters. As a dear friend of mine, Colbie Weaver, always says, when life gives you lemons make lemonade!

Back to work...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment